Perfect with a morning cup of coffee. Ahhhhh!
Omanhene Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Omanhene Chocolate Chip Biscotti Makes 50 to 60
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- ⅜ cup granulated sugar
- ⅜ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅔ cup Omanhene 48% Dark Milk Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with sugars and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the flour just until combined. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips. The consistency will be thick and sticky.
- Use a large spoon and scoop batter onto baking sheet, dividing it evenly into 3 long loaves. Loaves should be 2 ½ apart and use back of the spoon to even up the edges.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool loaves for 10 minutes on the pan.
- Carefully peel the loaves fro the parchment paper and remove them a cutting board.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the loaves on the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Arrange the slices directly on an oven racks.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cookies are crisp and dry.