Omanhene Business Development and Customer Care Team Member: Part Time
We’re looking for an ambitious sales person – a critical thinker with strong collaborative skills, an instinct for teaching, and a passion for customer satisfaction to take responsibility for business development with a focus on the specialty coffee industry, bakeries, and restaurants.
You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely, enjoy some flexibility of schedule and contribute to an innovative team with a compelling product line that competes very well against far larger players. This is the perfect gig for a person who seeks some part-time work, is taking a break from a traditional 9-5 employment, or is returning to the workforce.
Travel is required to meet prospective clients in person, perform product demos, or attend trade shows.
In addition to serving as our primary sales person, we are looking for someone who is excited about becoming our brand advocate to the specialty coffee, restaurant, and bakery trade, and who can creatively reach this target via social media, blogging, trade shows, industry involvement, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Who We Are:
We’re a 28-year old company that pioneered single-bean chocolate and cocoa products made entirely at origin. We have commercial customers all across the US and export to Japan. We sell products under our own brand name and manufacture private label products on behalf of our customers. Read more about us at Omanhene.com.
Hours and Compensation:
Base salary plus commission. Hours are flexible and seasonal. Prefer 20 – 35 hours per week on average. Potential for full-time employment.
- Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry strongly preferred.
- Experience selling in the business-to-business segment of the food and beverage industry (e.g., ingredients, flavorings, allied products) preferred.
- Excellent writing skills and critical thinking required.
- Experience with customer education through product demonstrations to baristas and others who work in the specialty coffee industry. An instinct for teaching is recommended.
- Emotional intelligence and flexibility in taking on additional responsibilities is required.
- Travel necessary.
- Willingness to work in a small company where performance, pitching in on other tasks, and flexibility counts.
- Midwest location but especially looking to expand our footprint on the West Coast.
- Send an email to: [email protected] with the Subject: Business Development
- Include your resume as a PDF attachment.
- Include a statement of motivation explaining who you are and why this position is of interest.
- Will consider entry-level individuals if accompanied by a personal recommendation.