This is the companion recipe needed in order to complete the Omanhene Chocolate Orange Pôts de Crème. A versatile, delicious chiffon cake recipe — every chef should have one.
Omanhene Chiffon Cake
Author: Chef François Kwaku-Dongo
Recipe type: Dessert
This is the companion recipe to the Omanhene .
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Omanhene Natural Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar (reserve for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking sheet pan with Pam and then line baking sheet with parchment paper -- the paper will stick to the sprayed pan.
- Spray the top surface of the parchment paper.
- Using a standing electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, very lightly whip the egg yolks, water and vegetable oil.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and slowly add to the egg/oil mixture, mix for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the egg whites and sugar.
- Spread the batter evenly over the prepared baking sheet, starting with the batter on one side and working your way down the sheet pan toward you. Lightly tap the underside of the sheet pan in order to distribute the batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with ¾ cup sugar and then wrap in plastic and refrigerate.