A luxurious rich hot chocolate, with notes of chili pepper and real vanilla bean.
Omanhene "Cleopatra" Hot Chocolate
Author: Chef Francois Kwaku-Dongo
Recipe type: Drinking Chocolate
A luxurious, rich hot chocolate with a touch of chili pepper and real vanilla bean. Perfect for a romantic evening.
- 1 vanilla bean (split lengthwise)
- 8 oz Omanhene 80% Baking Chocolate
- 7 cups whole milk
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 Tbs honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the milk in a saucepan.
- Add the split vanilla bean to the saucepan and bring milk to a boil for 5 minutes, then remove the vanilla bean. Remove milk from heat.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chocolate into ¼ inch pieces. Place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl and place bowl over a saucepan half full of simmering water. Using a rubber spatula, stir the chocolate constantly until melted.
- Immediately pour the melted chocolate into the milk and vanilla mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Cut the chili pepper in half, remove seeds and rinse pepper well.
- Chop the chili pepper into extremely fine pieces and add it to the hot chocolate.
- Add honey and salt, stirring until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into mugs and serve hot.