If you like chewy, moist brownies, this is the recipe for you. Made with Omanhene Extra Dark Chocolate, these are some of the very best brownies I’ve ever tasted. The secret to crafting moist brownies is to pour the batter in a baking dish and refrigerate it overnight. Bake the brownies the following day and the result is phenomenal — luxuriously moist but not undercooked!
- 12 oz. Omanhene 80% Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ⅞ cup canola oil
- 8 egg whites
- 1½ cups raw or granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put the chocolate and oil in the top of double boiler set over steaming water and melt gently. Slowly stir to fully incorporate the oil. Remove from the heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in medium-sized bowl for a few minutes by hand until foamy. Pour warm chocolate into sugar and egg mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Add flour, salt, and vanilla extract and stir until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread batter evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator over night. The next day, bake for 35 minutes.